There is some good news for people flying from Bangalore Airport!
Kempegowda International Airport (KIA), operated by Bangalore International Airport Ltd(BIAL), will expand its flight connections with the launch of new domestic and international routes plus the addition of two airlines in the winter schedule, beginning from today. The five-month schedule will be in effect till March 30, 2019.
Budget carriers IndiGo and GoAir along with Air India will launch additional flights from Bangalore to eight international destinations.
Here are all the details about it:
- IndiGo will operate daily flights to Male, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Kathmandu internationally and to Udaipur and Prayagraj (Allahabad) domestically
- Air India is set to commence services to Bangkok and London from the Bangalore airport
- GoAir, which commenced its international operations this month, will also connect Bangalore with Phuket in Thailand during the winter schedule
- Air India Express will launch a round-trip flight to Singapore from Bengaluru, flying four times a week, from October 29
- SpiceJet has plans to connect Kanpur, Gorakhpur and Udaipur with the city
- Jet Airways will operate flight services from Bengaluru to Aizawl through Guwahati
- Air India’s regional arm, Alliance Air, will fly to Kolhapur from KIA during the winters
- The new Airlines set to make their Bangalore debuts are Turkish Cargo and Air India Express
Airlines’ winter schedule in India this year will commence from Saturday mid-night and will go on till March 30 next year.
With this, Bangalore will now connect to 82 destinations (53 domestic and 29 international). BIAL expects Bangalore airport to achieve about 744 aircraft movements per day (659 domestic, 85 international) at the start of winter this year.
It has also said that international flight movements will go up by 17 % while domestic flight movements will grow by 10 %.