Did you know there are 16 long weekends in 2018?
Well! We’re heading into Republic Day weekend. Which means you have a free day to add to your ordinary end of the week. But how can you make the most of it?
We came up with a list of unique events you can attend with your loved ones this weekend in an effort to encourage you to do something different! They will definitely make a good story to tell your colleagues at the office on Monday!
1. Jaipur Literature Festival
- When: January 24-29, 2018.
- Where: Diggi Palace, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Nearest Airport: Jaipur International Airport
- Fly From: Delhi, Ahmedabad, Agra, Dehradun, Indore
For all you literature lovers, this is the one! The Jaipur Literature Festival is held every year and is a standout amongst the most prestigious scholarly events in Asia. You can meet famous national and international authors and listen to them speak. And Guess What? You get to experience all this for free!
You can check out the festival’s itinerary on the event’s website.
2. GOAT Festival
- When: January 26-28, 2018.
- Where: An undisclosed location near Ashwem Beach, North Goa.
- Nearest Airport: Goa International Airport
- Fly From: Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai
Live music, DJs, visual expressions, food, dance, wellness therapies and great vibes. All this happening in a place like goa can only mean one thing! You are in for a weekend full of pleasant surprises.
Following its super fun first version a year ago in Goa, the GOAT Festival is back again with its immersive boutique music and craftsmanship encounter.
- Baneshwar Fair
- When: January 27-31, 2018.
- Where: Sabla village in Rajasthan. It’s about 2.5 hours southeast of Udaipur, in Dungarpur district.
- Nearest Airport: Maharana Pratap Airport (Udaipur Airport)
- Fly From: Delhi, Jaipur and Ahmedabad.
For people who want to connect with their spiritual side, this fair is for you! Baleshwar Fair is an astonishing tribal fair held in the Dungarpur region in Rajasthan. This tribal fair includes individuals from the Bhil clan, who arrive from areas surrounding Gujarat, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, to take a holy bath in the river. Local craftsmen come and intrigue the tourist groups with their execution of Traditional folk melodies and dances, enchantment and magic shows, acrobatic tricks, and jamboree rides.
- Rann Utsav
- When: Ongoing until February 20, 2018. It’s best on full moon nights to see the moon shining on the salt. (December 3, January 1, and January 31).
- Where: Great Rann of Kutch salt desert, Dhordo, Gujarat.
- Nearest Airport: Bhuj airport
- Fly From: Delhi, Ahmedabad,Agra, Kolkata
From folk dance to delicious Gujarati thali, from moonlit camel safari to folk dramas, experience and celebrate the unique culture of the Kutch district. The event also showcases the grandest Kutch art and craftsmanship like rabari weaving, rogan workmanship, and the mirror work textures.
Various dance forms and musical performances are presented to the guests against the gleaming moonlit scene. For the adrenaline junkies, there are exercises like hot air balloon ride, ATV ride, Para Motoring and Rifle Shooting.
- SANDAKPHU PHALUT TREK
- When: Ongoing
- Where: The peak is located at the edge of the Singalila National Park in West Bengal.
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra Airport.
- Fly From: Delhi, Kolkata, Imphal, Guwahati
On the off chance that you are inclined to go for a winter trek, you should go to Sandakphu! It is the only trek in India from where you can see four of the tallest mountains on the planet (Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Lhotse, and Mt. Makalu). There’s an interesting photo opportunity waiting for you on this trek! Remain on the Sandakphu edge, with one foot in Nepal and one in India, and you’re in two nations at the same time. In the Sandakphu Phalut trek, you’ll trek to the most astonishing ridges in West Bengal, investigate thick oak and rhododendron forests, stroll through elevated glades, and see a portion of the most noteworthy tops in the Himalayas.
The occasions will see a considerable measure of air travel and lodging appointments so on the off chance that you would prefer not to pass up a major opportunity for the best arrangements, you would be wise to book your tickets now!
When you are busy making memories, and enjoying with your loved ones, leave the travel worries to your airport assistant AirWhizz. It will ensure a hassle-free trip so that you don’t have to worry about missing your flight or change the schedule or anything for that matter. With AirWhizz by your side, go no-holds-barred and click tons of pictures.