In a bid to attract customers in this competitive aviation market, several low-cost airlines in India are offering heavy discounts on airfares this festive season.
No frill airlines IndiGo, GoAir and AirAsia India on Monday launched several discount schemes.
Here are all the details about it-
- The market leader in the Indian aviation sector, IndiGo, is offering discounts on 10 lakh seats across 59 destinations in its network, for all-inclusive one-way fares starting at Rs 999.
- Bookings of flight tickets for the four-day “festive sale” offer started on Monday for travel between 18th September 2018 and 30th March 2019.
- The airline has also offered a super cash amount of up to Rs 600 or 20% refund on booking the ticket through MobiKwik.
- The airline is offering tickets to over 120 domestic and international destinations starting at Rs 999 for domestic travel and Rs 1,399 for international travel.
- Domestic destinations include Bengaluru, New Delhi, Kolkata, Kochi, Goa, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Pune, Guwahati, Imphal, Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Srinagar, Bagdogra, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Nagpur, Indore, Surat, Amritsar and Chennai.
- International destinations include Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Krabi, Sydney, Auckland, Melbourne, Singapore, Bali.
- The offer, which will run for 8 days, is known as the ‘Big Sale’ and will be applicable on air travel between 19th February and 26th November 2019.
- The airline is offering tickets across its domestic network starting at Rs 1,099.
- The discounts will be applicable on air travel between 3rd September 2018 and 31st March 2019.
- The sale will go on for 3 days.
The various discounts come at a time when airlines in India have been hammered by higher jet fuel prices, a weaker rupee and intense competition, restricting their ability to raise airfares to cover higher costs.
However, this decision by these airlines will surely help them attract more customers and in the bargain, make air travel more reachable for the general public of India.