Airlines in India will soon allow passengers to fly from Hubballi to international destinations in the coming few days.
It is reported that IndiGo, which operates daily flights from Hubballi to Bengaluru, Cochin , Ahmedabad and Chennai, will be the first to do so.
After the airport was developed to international standards at a cost of Rs 130 Crores, the city was chosen under the regional connectivity scheme, UDAN.
At present, IndiGo, SpiceJet and Air India are operating direct flights to Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, Goa, Mumbai, Kochi, and Mangaluru from Hubballi airport, which has resulted in an increase in the number of flyers from the city.
IndiGo is planning to provide connectivity to Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Doha, Singapore, Hong Kong & other international destinations from Hubballi for the convenience of fliers.
Currently, there are no direct flights to any international destination from Hubballi.
According to reports, IndiGo may start international operations from 1st December. Here are all the details about it:
- Indigo will offer three connecting flights to Bangkok and Singapore via Chennai every day except Sunday
- Three flights to Dubai via Ahmedabad on every Sunday
- Five flights to Hong Kong via Bengaluru
- Four flights to Male via Cochin
- Six flights to Singapore via Bengaluru will also be run out of which three will be operated every day of the week except Sunday, while three flights will operate on Sundays
- Of the six flights to Abu Dhabi via Cochin three will operate on every Tuesday and the other three will run on every day of the week except Tuesday
- The three flights to Colombo via Chennai will be run every day of the week except Wednesdays and Sundays
Connecting Hubballi with international destinations will definitely help the city grow at a fast pace and may also attract big investors to Hubballi and other surrounding districts.